Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pumpkin Bagels


My internet died before I could make this post last night.

The other new dough I experimented with was pumpkin bsgels.

To the basic recipe I added:

1 TBS cinnamon
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 Tsp Ginger
several shakes of ground cloves

When I took the dough out it was too sticky, so I kneaded in a bit of flour, maybe 1/2 cup or so. Then when I shaped them they weren't quite right, and as I boiled them they fell into pieces. When they cooked, they weren't getting done so I kept putting them in longer. They are very chewy and not very pumpkiny. I won't try these again for a while, until I'm ready for a challenge. I'm sure the problem was too much moisture from the pumpkin.

The picture is as blurry as the bagels were.

No comments:

Post a Comment