Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bagels for the New Year!


Tonight I decided to make two batches to make as New Year's gifts. I made one plain and one Cranberry Orange. They are the ones that come out the most consistently. While I was baking I was thinking of some tips.

One would be when making two different batches be careful which pan you put the ingredients in. Tonight I put some orange zest in my regular bagels! I pulled it all out, and it wouldn't be a great tragedy but it was annoying.

My husband asked me if I was going to bake a batch a day for this year. (I think he was more influenced by the movie Julie and Julia than I was.) I think I'll continue to make bagels as I see fit, because it's fun that way.

Bon Appetit! (In my best Julia Child voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment