As I was just putting together two batches of Cinnamon Raisin Bagels, I realized that I haven't posted my recent bagel adventures.
Last week I attempted Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bagels.
This involved adding 1 TBS of cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of Semi sweet Chocolate Chips.
When I went to punch down the dough, it hadn't risen and I realized that I didn't add yeast, so I added yeast and reran the dough cycle. At the end it rose, but the result was that the chips melted in the dough and I now had very chocolatey dough. The best response I got to these was my youngest son, 15 years old. He said, "These taste kinda weird." He'a been enthusiastic about all my previous bagels and about food in general so I trusted his judgment.
I've been making bagels about every other day now, and my family loves them. But I've also ventured out into making biscotti and pie crust. I made a few recipes from Mastering the Art of French cooking, too.
Parmentier Potage, Quiche Lorraine and Biftek Saute Au Beurre. I've been revitalized by these bagels and I even made two kinds of kimchi this week. Traditional and Cucumber.
---Bagel Apetit!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment