Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jalapeno Bagels


So tonight I decided I wanted to recreate my family's favorite bagel. Jalapeno with Cheddar Cheese.

to the dough I added 2 TBS of powdered cheese sauce

after the egg wash I put grated cheddar cheese on the top and then 4 slices of raw jalapeno pepper around the top.

Although they don't taste like Safeway's jalapeno bagels, they are quite good.

I thought to take a picture for the first time. I had several challenges making these bagels which I made along with a batch of pumpkin bagels.

First after the dough cycle completely ran for 1 hour 40 minutes, I realized I forgot to add the yeast. I thought I'd try adding it.

I added a little more than usual and reran the dough cycle. Amazingly enough, this method worked. The bagel dough was a bit fluffier than usual however. Not the dense, chewy texture I was going for, but at least my mistake didn't cause a complete failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment